EDUCATE: Covid-19 Roundtable
2021 has got off to a flying start! We were delighted to be invited to take part in EDUCATE's Roundtable discussion on Wednesday, 6 January, in advance of a report by EDUCATE and Cambridge University Press which will be published next month. It follows nine months of research, mapping the Edtech challenges and opportunities presented by Covid, through the eyes of parents, teachers, heads and technology companies. We have been able to contribute to the report, putting forward the views of parents whose children have faced barriers to attendance both historically and as a result of the pandemic.
EDUCATE is the UK's leading EdTech research accelerator, and the report makes recommendations for the short and long term UK educational landscape. Along with Professor Rose Luckin, Director at EDUCATE, the panel comprised leading figures in the world of Edtech:
- Lord Jim Knight, TES Global (chair)
- Sir Anthony Seldon, former Vice Chancellor, University of Buckingham
- Lord David Puttnam, Chair, Atticus Education
- Lord Tim Clement-Jones, Lord Spokesperson for Digital, Lib Dems
- Nick Kind, Education Specialist, Tyton & Partners
- Bob Harrison, Visiting Professor, University of Wolverhampton
- Tom Moule, Executive Lead, IEAIED
- Jane Mann, Director of Education Reform, Cambridge University Press
- Caroline Wright, Director General, BESA -
- Dr Carmel Kent, Head of Data Science, EDUCATE
You can watch the Roundtable discussion. here.